This two-year Financial Services diploma program is geared towards those who want an in-depth study of the industry while also gaining important industry certifications. As you attend both theoretical and practical courses, you'll also gain certifications in the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), life insurance (LLQP), mutual funds (IFIC) and retirement planning (RPC).
Once you successfully complete the Centennial College Financial Services courses, you'll be well prepared for a wide variety of positions such as personal banking representative, analyst and investment advisor.
- Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Co-ordinate the processing and maintaining of financial records in compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations for individuals and/or organizations.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and the presentation of financial information in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations for individuals and/or organizations.
- Analyze financial reports for individuals and/or organizations by applying financial mathematics and statistics.
- Develop and evaluate a financial plan to meet individuals’ and/or organizations’ needs and objectives.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and co-ordinate marketing strategies to promote financial products and services, and to enhance customer service.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to establish and maintain professional networking and business relationships in the finance sector.
- Analyze and evaluate, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technology and the environment on individuals’ and/or organizations’ operations.
- Develop, implement and evaluate ongoing strategies for personal and professional development, highlighting ethics, values and standards in the finance sector.